Thursday 4 November 2010

Day started well, had shower, district nurse called and flushed drain. Went to village in the car, called at bank and Booths. Had a lovely homemade s/wich on crusty granary bread. Everything was well chilled. But then I noticed that my catheter connected to my bladder was not outputting any urine. Panic, phoned district nurse, but only get answerphone. Left msg and hoped for early response. I worked out that catheter was blocked and needed changing rapid like. Nurse phoned and came quite quickly. For the men yowsah! taking out old and putting in new, for the girls 'don't be a wuss Alan'. Once replaced it is now working normally, phew!

3 comments:

  1. Keeping tabs on your blog, glad to read no major problems. Don't try to do too much too soon. Can't make out if you're Ian as on profile and signatory on CancerChat forum, or Ian's 'bruv'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona,

    It is my account but Al sends me the texts and I add them to the blog. Thanks for following

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ian & Al,

    Just wondering how things are going for you now?

    Hope you are on the mend and feeling so much better...an update would be good when you can

    Wishing good things for you both xx

    ReplyDelete